ITD: Excellent partial agreement on the finance act regards E20 and lower fees on Great Belt
As a result of the partial agreement Friday 8 December 2017 put into order between the Danish government and the Danish People’s party, the decision is made that the route on E20 between Nr. Aaby and Odense West is extended to three lanes.
A total of 2.4 billion DKK are earmarked for the extension where A/S Storebælt contributes the financing with more than 2.1 billion DKK. Furthermore, the fees for crossing the Great Belt connection are reduced by 15 per cent 1 January 2018 followed by further fee reduction 1 January 2023, resulting in a total fee reduction of 25 per cent. The reduced Great Belt fees and the financing contribution to the motorway extension implies the repayment time for the Great Belt connection being prolonged with five years, so the connection is expected paid in 2034.
- There are strong reasons to praise the government and Danish People’s Party for this partial agreement on the finance act. The extension of E20 from Nr. Aaby to Odense West as well as lower fees on the Great Belt benefits growth in Denmark. We would have liked the inclusion of extending the E20 south of Odense to obtain the greatest gain of the investment. We are now working on this in the newly appointed E20 Committee, says Carina Christensen, CEO at ITD and Chairman of the E20 Committee.
The Danish Ministry of Transport inform in the published press release about the partial agreement the parties agreeing on the fact that the construction work extending the E20 is to be completed as soon as possible, implying the extended motorway road section being ready in 2022.
Facts on the E20 Committee:
The new E20 Committee held Friday 8 December 2017 its first meeting. Mayors and representatives from companies and nationwide interest groups will jointly ensure political backing and financing of a full extension of E20 to three lanes, including the road section south of Odense. ITD participates actively in the Committee’s work, and CEO Carina Christensen is Chairman of the E20 Committee.
The purpose of the E20 Committee is:
- to ensure political backing and financing of E20 south of Odense
- to ensure the agreement between the government and the Danish People’s Party on extending the E20 between Nr. Aaby and Odense West being followed through, making the constructing work start quickly with smooth running traffic during the construction work
- to visualize, illumitate and spread the importance and value of extending the two road sections (Nr. Aaby-Odense West and south of Odense) will have on the national cohesion
- to follow the consequences of the fee reduction on the Great Belt connection compared to the traffic density on E20.
The E20 Committee composition:
Carina Christensen (Chairman), CEO at ITD
Søren Steen Andersen, Mayor Assens Municipality
Michael Svane, DI Director of Transport
Johannes Lundsfryd, Mayor Middelfart Municipality
Claus Jensen, Chairman CO-industri
Peter Rahbæk Juel, Mayor Odense Municipality
Jesper Arkil, Director Arkil Holding A/S
Kenneth Muhs, Mayor Nyborg Municipality
Keld Højgaard Kristensen, Transport Manager Arla Foods
Jacob Bjerregaard, Mayor Fredericia Municipality
Torben Block Nielsen, Director Spæncom
Stephanie Lohse, Chairman of Reginal Council South Denmark
Poul Henrik Schou, Director Poul Schou A/S
Ib Andersen, Director Alex Andersen Ølund A/S
Carsten Hyldborg Jensen, Director Fynbus
Per Christensen, Chairman of Trade Union 3F
På mandag den 19. november 2018 præsenterer regeringens Vækstteam for handel og logistik sine anbefalinger til, hvordan man bedst muligt understøtter og fremtidssikrer handels- og logistikerhvervet i Danmark. ITD har store forventninger til, at vækstteamet præsenterer konkrete anbefalinger til fremtidig vækst i transport- og logistikerhvervet, som vil spille positivt sammen med arbejdet i ITD’s eget vækstpanel for vejgodstransporten.ITD har store forventninger til anbefalingerne fra regeringens Vækstteam for handel og logistik >
Transport-, bygnings- og boligministeren og miljø- og fødevareministeren opfordrer Europa-Kommissionen til at arbejde for fælles EU-regler, der skal hindre svindel med forureningsbegrænsende udstyr i lastbiler. ITD bakker op om initiativet og vil også understøtte forslaget i Bruxelles.ITD: Fælles EU-regler om NOx-snyd er den rigtige vej at gå >