ITD: Excellent partial agreement on the finance act regards E20 and lower fees on Great Belt
As a result of the partial agreement Friday 8 December 2017 put into order between the Danish government and the Danish People’s party, the decision is made that the route on E20 between Nr. Aaby and Odense West is extended to three lanes.
A total of 2.4 billion DKK are earmarked for the extension where A/S Storebælt contributes the financing with more than 2.1 billion DKK. Furthermore, the fees for crossing the Great Belt connection are reduced by 15 per cent 1 January 2018 followed by further fee reduction 1 January 2023, resulting in a total fee reduction of 25 per cent. The reduced Great Belt fees and the financing contribution to the motorway extension implies the repayment time for the Great Belt connection being prolonged with five years, so the connection is expected paid in 2034.
- There are strong reasons to praise the government and Danish People’s Party for this partial agreement on the finance act. The extension of E20 from Nr. Aaby to Odense West as well as lower fees on the Great Belt benefits growth in Denmark. We would have liked the inclusion of extending the E20 south of Odense to obtain the greatest gain of the investment. We are now working on this in the newly appointed E20 Committee, says Carina Christensen, CEO at ITD and Chairman of the E20 Committee.
The Danish Ministry of Transport inform in the published press release about the partial agreement the parties agreeing on the fact that the construction work extending the E20 is to be completed as soon as possible, implying the extended motorway road section being ready in 2022.
Facts on the E20 Committee:
The new E20 Committee held Friday 8 December 2017 its first meeting. Mayors and representatives from companies and nationwide interest groups will jointly ensure political backing and financing of a full extension of E20 to three lanes, including the road section south of Odense. ITD participates actively in the Committee’s work, and CEO Carina Christensen is Chairman of the E20 Committee.
The purpose of the E20 Committee is:
- to ensure political backing and financing of E20 south of Odense
- to ensure the agreement between the government and the Danish People’s Party on extending the E20 between Nr. Aaby and Odense West being followed through, making the constructing work start quickly with smooth running traffic during the construction work
- to visualize, illumitate and spread the importance and value of extending the two road sections (Nr. Aaby-Odense West and south of Odense) will have on the national cohesion
- to follow the consequences of the fee reduction on the Great Belt connection compared to the traffic density on E20.
The E20 Committee composition:
Carina Christensen (Chairman), CEO at ITD
Søren Steen Andersen, Mayor Assens Municipality
Michael Svane, DI Director of Transport
Johannes Lundsfryd, Mayor Middelfart Municipality
Claus Jensen, Chairman CO-industri
Peter Rahbæk Juel, Mayor Odense Municipality
Jesper Arkil, Director Arkil Holding A/S
Kenneth Muhs, Mayor Nyborg Municipality
Keld Højgaard Kristensen, Transport Manager Arla Foods
Jacob Bjerregaard, Mayor Fredericia Municipality
Torben Block Nielsen, Director Spæncom
Stephanie Lohse, Chairman of Reginal Council South Denmark
Poul Henrik Schou, Director Poul Schou A/S
Ib Andersen, Director Alex Andersen Ølund A/S
Carsten Hyldborg Jensen, Director Fynbus
Per Christensen, Chairman of Trade Union 3F
IT-ordførere, ministre, embedsværket og organisationer var onsdag den 19. september samlet i Landstingssalen på Christiansborg for at diskutere, hvordan lovgivningen bedre kan følge med den digitale udvikling. ITD var med på konferencen og glæder sig over, at der nu kommer øget fokus på at implementere digitaliseringen i lovgivningsprocessen.ITD deltog i konference om digitaliseringsklar lovgivning >
ITD: The transport industry has interesting jobs for the young people from the providers of vocational education
There are really good job opportunities within the transport industry and many companies are in urgent lack of skilled employees. Therefore, ITD is pleased that the Danish Government has introduced a vocational school proposal making the vocational schools more attractive and strengthening the effort for making more young people choose this direction. Within road transport of goods we are ready to welcome them.ITD: The transport industry has interesting jobs for the young people from the providers of vocational education >
ITD har i denne uge deltaget i ITS Verdenskongres, der i år blev afholdt i København. På kongressen deltog mere end 4.000 eksperter, virksomheder, organisationer og beslutningstagere for at diskutere og udveksle viden om intelligente transportsystemer. Kongressen viste, at der er et stort potentiale for at effektivisere transportsystemerne gennem digitalisering, men det vil kræve fuldt fokus fra både virksomheder og myndigheder at udnytte de nye muligheder.ITS-kongres gav gode bud på digitaliseringspotentialet i transportsektoren >